Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sittin' in the airport chewing my bubble gum

So here I am,  in the Los Angeles airport. I'm very happy to be here. I wasn't sure if I would make it.  I was supposed to fly out of Sudbury on Dec 31st, but as my travel luck would have it, all flights out of the city were cancelled for the day due to fog.  That's coo. not. Because I was flying with 3 different airlines, only my first two flights were insured. I had to rebook the other 4 flights on my own expense, and a hefty expense it was. Ian ended up just driving me to Toronto to avoid being affected by the heavy fogs of Sudbury again.  I'm here now on a 5 hour layover. Just chilling out by the food court, sitting by a plug with   some people on their iphones. Maybe I'll try to make a friend. "you need a plug to eh? yeah, hehe, me too".

In case you have been sitting on the edge of your chair wondering what on earth I decided to do with my bike, I chose to pack it in a huge plasma TV box. I can't really see over the box as I push it down the airport walkways. This has encouraged several "small girl, big TV" jokes from other travelers.  funny funny funny. But actually, sometimes they're funny.

Alrighty, that's all for now.
Merci pour avoir lu ceci,
erica

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mML2fPec7xU

    "I can't really see over the box as I push it down the airport walkways. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. erica! i feel your pain! i was screwed royally on my airplane ventures to and from colombia. such poop. but u must be there by meow.. update pls!

    ReplyDelete