Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wild Betty

I've been here in Nelson for 6 days now and it is beautiful. So far it's been hot and sunny almost everyday. I've been staying at different hostels throughout the week while I try to find a nice room to rent. I've check out a few places but none of them are exactly what I'm looking for. Also, today I got a job! I'll be waitressing at The Honest Lawyer Pub starting today at 3:30! http://www.honestlawyer.co.nz/

More about mountain biking: The trails here are stunning! mountain after mountain after mountain etc. There's a nice bike shop downtown that runs a group ride every Wednesday night. I joined in last week and two friendly locals brought me to some really sweet trails with tons of climbing. Looks like I'm going be get in great hill climbing training this winter!

Two days ago a met a girl about my age who is in Nelson for the exact same reason as me! She races elite in Switzerland and flew over to NZ with her BMC mtb. She said she races for some Swiss BMC MTB team over there. She plans on racing the big NZ Cup race in Nelson on Feb 13th too and doing some of the mini local races here in town. I think we'll try and do some long rides together. Pretty cool, small world.

I lost my running shoes :(.  I can't remember the last place I saw them but think I left them on the plane. I didn't notice until yesterday when all I wanted to do was go for a run in the hills. In the end I went for a run anyways, without any shoes. Being barefoot was actually kind of nice, but my tootsies are sore today. I don't know what I'm going to do without my runners...

2 comments: