Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shrubbery

This morning on my ride I saw a baby hedgehog chilling by the side of the highway, munch, munch,  munchin’ away at some roadside shrubbery. As I rode passed him, he indicated to me that he wanted to cross the busy road. At first I disregarded him, and continued on down the road. But I could not ignore my conscience and I quickly biked back to the shrubbery where he still sat, munch, munch, munchin’ away. I swear though, he did want to make the cross. If you have never seen or touched a hedgehog before, they look a lot like a porcupine, and feel as prickly as they look. I scooped him up (and a bit of his shrubbery), yelled, “OWE BABY HEDGEHOG!” (he really was prickly),  and ran him across the road and farther into a big farmers field. SAFE. I continued on, guilt free J.

Later on down the road, I stopped to observe some llamas with twitchy ears.  Llamas are weird, so I pressed on.

The trails behind where I live
A tree for sale! I want it...
I had taped my camera to my handlebars in the hopes of capturing some sweet trail riding, but my camera ran out of battery. I'll try that again some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment