Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'll be the DD tonight (debbie downer)

After the Lake to Lake Classic last weekend it's safe to say I'm having a rough season. All of my races so far have been mediocre at best and I'm starting to get a bit frustrated.

Ever have those dreams where a murderer is chasing after you and you just can't move your legs? That's how I felt racing the L2L this year, minus the murderer of course. The race started off too fast for me to handle and I was dropped within 2 minutes.  No matter how much I pushed on the road sections, I just couldn't seem to generate any power.  Like so:


1 min into race
1.5 min into race

But it's ok! I'm really looking forward to Buckwallow which is my favyMcfave race of the season and some other wicked events that are coming up in July.

Congratulations to Anton for cleaning up on the weekend, Fruity for getting more flats than I've ever had in my life, and  Aaron for being the Lord of the Chainrings. And GOOD LUCK to Melinda and Steve who have been training hard for the BC Bike Race on July 1st - 9th. You may have seen them racing in vests at the O-cups, similar to those you might see on a fisherman, packed with handy pockets and other nifty features.* Well now you know why. Bring home the GOLD!

*I jest
one chainring to rule them all

Anton modeling his new whip

WBs - we're all winners

2 comments:

  1. Is Summa Boi's medal actually for king of the chainring? What is that anyway?

    So what's the deal, have you been having bad luck with mechanicals/crashes or just not feeling as strong as you want to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LORD...Lord of the chainring. He was just mainly the chosen chainring bearer.

    Mmm what is the deal. I wish it were mechanicals and crashes but nay, just feeling out of my league fitness-wise this year. boo.erns.

    ReplyDelete